Here are some of the highlights:
- Rev. Dr. Anthony Steinbronn was elected to his second term as New Jersey District President
- The Vice-President regional elections saw the Rev. Deric Taylor (Region 1), the Rev. Andrew Dinger (Region 2), and the Rev. Stephen Gewecke (Region 3) elected to serve.
- Circuit Visitors, ratified by the convention, are as follows: Circuit 1 - Rev. Robert Holsten; Circuit 2 - Rev. David Rowold; Circuit 3 - Rev. Stephen Vogt; Circuit 4 - Rev. David Behm; Circuit 5 - Rev. Mark Stillman; Circuit 6 - Rev. Chris Schonberg.
The convention formally acted on the following resolutions:
- 15-01: To Amend Convention Balloting - allowing the use of electronic and other methods of voting at District conventions. Adopted.
- ￼15-02: To Realign the Circuits of the New Jersey District - reconfiguring Circuits #2, #3, #4, and #6 to meet Synodical guidelines for aggregate communicant membership. The names of all District Circuits have been updated. Adopted.
- 15-04: To Investigate Means to Encourage and Assist Pastors to Remain in New Jersey upon Their Retirement. Adopted 61 votes in favor, 11 against.
- 15-06: To Increase Nominations for District President. Adopted 60 votes in favor, 10 against.
- The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod First Vice President, Rev. Dr. Herbert Mueller Jr., and President of the LCMS Minnesota South District, Rev. Dr. Dean Nadasdy, addressed the convention speaking on the importance of missions and confessions. Vice-President Mueller will continue his address to the convention on Saturday morning.